Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Portlandia & Episode Switcheroo-ing

HOLA!
I've been watching a ton of the IFC channel's Portlandia recently, after the "Dream of the 90s" song from the first episode got stuck in my head. Fred Armisen (SNL) and Carrie Brownstein (of Sleater-Kinney)? My current heroes. If you havent seen it, you should check it out. Frenetic sketch comedy. About Portland, Oregon. Uh, i'm not going to get into it right now. Too much to say. Back to Meric & Chilco:
I decided to switch around episodes, so the audio I finished for episode 4 is now episode 5. Just finished the new audio for episode 4. I switched it around in part because of the way new characters are introduced seems better sequentially with the new order I just decided on. Also, the episode that is now episode 5 has some animation aspects that I frankly just don't want to deal with quite yet. I think one more simple episode will be good measure, water under the bridge, and get me mentally prepped for some slightly more complex animating.
Excuses excuses. It's not like I have a deadline. Kinda wish I did though...since that would mean i'm doing all this for some amount of money, whatever it may be...but for now, experience and for-the-heck-of-it are good enough.
I'm also starting some writing and planning for a cartoon to be pitched. You know, they say something about not being able to hit a home run if you don't step up to the plate...something like that. You get it. I do, anyway, and i'm pretty sure i'm just talkin' to myself at this point. It's kind of weird.
At any rate, episode 4 should be done sometime this century. Hopefully before the world ends. The Rexella on Mars comic strip too. Kinda spaced out on that whole situation. Everything will come together. Fret not, you dig? Peace out. A town down!

-"Chilco"

No comments:

Post a Comment