Friday, December 16, 2011

Back with a Vengeance!

It's been two years since I worked on Meric and Chilco Ride the Bus.  Creating and executing a cartoon was something i've always wanted to do, though never had the resources really back in the day growing up. Well, I made a short Kill Bill inspired stick figure animation with Windows Movie Maker in high school at some point, around the time Volume One first hit the cinemas. Needless to say, Windows Movie Maker was not up to snuff. I settled for drawing a comic strip for my high school paper and my hometown's as well.
I think it sucked. Even back then I though it sucked. Regardless, the two main characters of that strip, which was titled School of Hard Rock, looked exactly like Meric and Chilco. I just like their design is all.
Years have passed, I went to college and made some short films. That's an entirely different story altogether. Fast forward a bit and I'm dying to create something in the way of film, which has been my original love. Problem is, actors are hard to find. People who can act and for no money pretty much. Or maybe anybody willing to take the time to go over a script and rehearse, then film?
Couldn't get anything together to film.
So...I decided if I can't film anything, I'll sure as hell animate something, by god. So that's what I'm doing, by god. Animating a cartoon series i've now come to be pretty attached to in my heart. It's my baby.
I've finished the third episode, couldn't upload it to youtube yet. Had some issues with file compatibility. Workin' it out as we speak. Once I do I'll put it on here, of course.
Peace

-Garrett "Chilco" Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment